We have an open position for an experienced Bookkeeper for a family owned Towing and Recovery company in Ware, Ma.
The role of the Bookkeeper is to ensure accurate entries and reporting of accounting records and financial statement. The Bookkeeper is also responsible for full charge of accounts receivable and payables, ensuring all collection of customers and vendor payments are completed satisfactorily. The Bookkeeper is responsible for cash flow management to ensure liquidity of the company is never compromised.
- Minimum High School diploma or GED. Preferred: Associate Degree. In lieu of Associate degree, a minimum of 2 years of experience in QuickBooks (Fully proficient) and basic accounting practices
- Experience in Towing and Recovery, Car Parts or related industry for a minimum 3 years.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including facilitation of group presentation
- Attention to detail and high level of focus and thoroughness in performing duties
- Knowledge of accounting and general ledger entries
- Possess extraordinary characters: Integrity, honesty and trustworthy
- Excellent customer relation skills and vendor management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Perform payroll duties
- Record & Manage Employee’s timecards as well as absences, tardiness and leaving early
- Resolve timecards discrepancies with employees
- Schedule direct deposit
- Record and Reconcile A/P bills (Vendor Invoices)
- Record, Reconcile and Print End of Month A/R invoices and e-mail invoices to customers
- Manage the A/R Collection process
- Manage G/L Account and bank statement reconciliations
- Perform Human Resource duties: Personnel files and paperwork
- Perform weekly Cash Flow Management Report (CMR)
- Perform weekly/monthly financial metrics, reports and dashboard for Financial Meeting
- Prepare and manage company’s annual operational budget
- Perform other duties and direction from the management
Compensation is based on experience.